Our partnership with CAC is helping us strengthen the participation of girls in sports in rural Mpigi.
-Moses Kalanzi – Founder of Abato Foundation
Coaches Across Continents Impact Numbers
|In Community Hours||384||224|
Our partnership with the Abato Foundation officially began in 2012. However, the roots of the Abato Foundation began much earlier with Moses Kalanzi. Prior to starting Abato Foundation, Moses was an administrator for the Kampala School of Excellence Ministries, once of our other partners in Uganda. In 2011 Moses returned to his home village of Mpigi, approximately 90 minutes outside of Kampala and created the Abato Foundation Uganda.
“Abato” means children in the local language. Abato Foundation is a Uganda-based Children’s Charity started by a team of youths to address the challenges facing children in Uganda. The foundation’s primary concern is to provide foster care to neglected and abandoned children. Their objectives of:
- Abato foundation aims at reforming children from very vulnerable backgrounds into normal life through forster care and adoption.
- To provide education support to the most vulnerable children.
- To develop the talents of children enabling them to contribute to community development.
- Provision of Health care services and psycho-social support to children.
- To facilitate the spiritual development of children as a foundation for a morally upright society.
In Moses past first-hand experience with Coaches Across Continents (while at KSEM), Moses saw the power of sport to help his foundation reach their objectives. In just a short time, the Abato Foundation has already hosted two soccer tournaments and is using sport to impart messages to their vulnerable children.
In May 2013 we worked with Abato foundation building off of our previous first year. We had many new coaches, and a few returning coaches who were keen to learn new CAC games, and show us the CAC games they remembered from the previous year.
For more information on Abato Foundation please visit their website at: http://abatofoundationuganda.wordpress.com/